Website First Student
DIESEL TECHNICIANS (B LEVEL) Full Time
Please contact: Tim Mccullen 708.352.9050
First Student is the largest provider of school bus services in the United States. As a leader in school bus services, we must ensure that our buses are operating safely and efficiently. Therefore, we are looking for experienced diesel technicians that are self-motivated, reliable, and hard-working to join our outstanding team.
Diesel Technician Job Duties Include:
• Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts.
• Identify and report potentially dangerous equipment and additional repairs needed.
• Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
• Perform Service Calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
• Perform routine and preventative maintenance.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Diesel Technician Job Qualifications:
• A minimum of 3 years hands-on diesel/gas engine maintenance experience and vocational training.
• Meet minimum age requirement: 18 years of age.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment screening
• Must have own set of basic tools.
• Computer proficiency
Diesel Technician Required License/Certifications:
• Valid Drivers License, Class B CDL (preferred) or can obtain CDL within specified time frame.
• ASE Certification(s) or can obtain required certification(s) within specified time frame.
At First Student, associates are offered the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals like you to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why First Student, should be your FIRST choice.
Equal Opportunity Employer