Website First Student
DIESEL TECHNICIANS (B LEVEL) Full Time
Please contact: Tim Mccullen 708.352.9050
First Student is the largest provider of school bus services in the United States. As a leader in school bus services, we must ensure that our buses are operating safely and efficiently. Therefore, we are looking for experienced diesel technicians that are self-motivated, reliable, and hard-working to join our outstanding team.
Diesel Technician Job Duties Include:
• Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts.
• Identify and report potentially dangerous equipment and additional repairs needed.
• Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
• Perform Service Calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
• Perform routine and preventative maintenance.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Diesel Technician Job Qualifications:
• A minimum of 3 years hands-on diesel/gas engine maintenance experience and vocational training.
• Meet minimum age requirement: 18 years of age.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment screening
• Must have own set of basic tools.
• Computer proficiency
Diesel Technician Required License/Certifications:
• Valid Drivers License, Class B CDL (preferred) or can obtain CDL within specified time frame.
• ASE Certification(s) or can obtain required certification(s) within specified time frame.
At First Student, associates are offered the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals like you to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why First Student, should be your FIRST choice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org