HAWK Ford of Oak Lawn
Hawk Ford of Oak Lawn is a well-established dealership with an auto body repair facility of 40 plus years in Chicagoland and Southwest Chicago Suburban areas. Hawk Ford of Oak Lawn is proud to be an automotive leader in our area. Since opening our doors, Hawk Ford of Oak Lawn has kept a firm commitment to our customers. Our technicians are proud members of Automobile Mechanics’ Union Local 701.
High quality body shop in Oak Lawn needs an experienced painter. Must know PPG products and be able to do light masking and prep work. Must do quality work. Hawk Ford of Oak Lawn.
- Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Experience: auto paint technician:5 years (Preferred)
- Additional Compensation: Commission
- Work Location: One location
- Typical start time: 7AM
- Typical end time: 3PM
- Vehicle Type: Cars, Trucks, Parts, Sprinter Vans, etc.
- Shop Type: Dealership Certification
- Reimbursement: Yes
Refinish all assigned vehicles to pre-accident condition according to the written work-order, effectively diagnose and refinish vehicles thoroughly, safely, and profitably in a manner according to Hawk Ford of Oak Lawn insurance partners and OEM industry guidelines/standards.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for following proper repair procedures and performs all refinish procedures according to factory specifications and Hawk Ford policy to restore damaged vehicles to their original structural appearance
- Utilize air sanders, spray guns, sanding blocks, etc. in order to complete quality work
- Manage & control materials cost maximizing usage and inventory
- Prepare color tint to match paint color; Mix paint colors, and ensure all formulations, preparations, top coating and curing meet OEM recommended standards for proper application sequence, timing and materials usage
- Follow all paint manufacturing guidelines
- Spray test panels for each vehicle to ensure color match
- Assist in prep work when necessary
- Ensure that all paint operations are complete, all masking is removed, and all prior paint-related disassembly has been reassembled prior to returning the vehicle to the body technician
- Complete QC sheet for every vehicle as applicable
- Adhere to all regulatory compliance guidelines for hazardous waste disposal
- Maintain clean, orderly and organized work area
- Comply with Hawk Ford, EPA, OSHA safety rules, guidelines and standards
- Perform other duties as required to successfully meet the needs of the business
- Typically has a minimum of 5 years of refinishing experience
- I-CAR certification or ASE certification in refinishing preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under Local 701
- Comply with all safety requirements, respirator safety, and fitment/usage. Maintain compliance to pass required safety mask fit test.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, oral and written
- Advanced communication to mentor/coach/train apprentices as required
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions, written estimates and work orders
- Multi-tasking; adapts easily to fast-paced environment
- Personable, friendly demeanor with “World Class” customer service approach to internal and external customers
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
Position is based in a normal shop environment. Occasional physical activity such as reaching below and above shoulder level, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to inspect repairs, and lifting and carrying objects over 50lbs. Exposure to fumes, chemicals, dust, along with high levels of noise.
Subject to weather conditions both inside and outside. Required to wear protective equipment when necessary. Occasional sedentary work. Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com