Website Ray Buick
A family owned business with over 70 years of exceptional service, Ray Buick has a vast and loyal customer base that has brought about significant growth in our Service Department. We are a Local 701 Union shop with a great environment and friendly team.
We are currently seeking a GM Certified Journeyman Automotive Technician.
We offer paid vacation and training along with great hours and WEEKENDS OFF!!
Experienced Automotive Journeyman Mechanic/Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
• Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
• Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
• Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
• Notify service advisor if additional work outlined is not needed or required and/ if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
• Document work.
• Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician.
• Return customer vehicle clean of work related residue.
• Keep up-to-date with factory technical bulletins and training.
• Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
• Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
Automotive Journeyman Mechanic/Technician Qualifications:
• High school diploma or the equivalent
• Dealership experience preferred
• 5 or more years of mechanical experience required
• ASE certification is preferred
• Professional recommendations preferred
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
• All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
• All applicants possess a clean motor vehicle report and currently hold a valid driver license
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug test.
To apply for this job please visit www.raybuickchicago.com.