Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Technician
The technician will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing heavy construction equipment, including but not limited to: skid steers, mini excavators, backhoe loaders, large excavators, wheel loaders, asphalt pavers, compactors, and other road building equipment with an emphasis on providing great customer service while maintaining Casey Equipment’s image and reputation.
- Completing daily paperwork including shop tickets, inspection checklists, and timesheets
- Working to maintain the company’s fleet of rental equipment
- Diagnosing and repairing customer owned equipment in a professional and timely manner
- Managing repair times so as not to exceed quoted labor hours while minimizing unbillable time
- Clearly communicating the status and any issues encountered during a repair to the department manager
- Maintaining Casey Equipment owned shop tools and equipment
- Keeping the shop, tools, and work areas neat and organized
- Maintaining safety standards
Education and Experience
Experience working on or around construction equipment is preferred. However, we will consider applicants of all levels from entry-level apprentice to full journeyman.
Skills and Abilities
Applicants should be able to work safely and independently to perform diagnose, service, and repair a variety of construction equipment. This includes the ability to use the available resources to obtain information related to a repair, communicate effectively with both customers and Casey Equipment employees, and present a professional image while on the job. Applicants must be prepared to work on large equipment and should be comfortable working on diesel engines, drive trains, and electrical and hydraulic systems. Welding and basic fabrication skills are considered a plus. Applicants must also be reliable, punctual, and organized.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com