Journeyman Power Technician
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 6:30am – 3pm
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform service repairs and preventive maintenance; provides superior service and represents Altorfer’s professional image.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Ability to properly and completely fill out all service reports, PM checklists and timecards within department guidelines.
- Completes all paperwork before moving on to next job; communicates extra time needed to complete tasks to dispatcher.
- Ability to use SIS, ET, parts and service manuals.
- Properly segment jobs and order parts accordingly.
- Return unneeded parts immediately upon job completion, complete all necessary warranty documentation and send completed follow up forms on a timely basis.
- Effectively communicate job status to customers and office personnel.
- Works in an efficient manner at customer’s jobsite, in the shop, and when driving to location or shop.
- Perform complete visual inspection of Cat and non-Cat engine and generator sets and notes deficiencies as part of preventive maintenance service.
- Perform ATS level 1 type service.
- Capable of component changes with the exception of fuel injection pumps and cylinder heads, using prescribed D&A guidelines, on all makes and models.
- Capable of basic troubleshooting using prescribed guidelines and documentation.
- Inspect belts, hoses and all components for signs of leakage or improper operation.
- Change oil and filters.
- Maintain Altorfer supplied tooling and equipment, including company provided service vehicle.
- Responsibility for after hours call outs. When accepting a call – technician is required to perform complete repairs – with the same quality and outcome as regular business hours. Technician may be required to orchestrate special parts arrangements to ensure that downtime is reduced as much as possible.
- Perform mechanical work relating to the business of the department.
- Keep current with industry standards.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, with excellent work ethic, neat appearance and good communication skills. Take full ownership of job.
- Use safe working practices.
- Redo or excessive labor does not exceed 5% of total labor hours worked and no cases occur where the customer or company’s equipment is damaged due to mechanic’s neglect or abuse.
- Minimum four years of electric power generator experience.
- Ability to perform high quality repairs, in an efficient fashion, and maintain a clean working environment while working in the field.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to use resources for information (when written documentation is not available)
- Has good decision making practices and ability to follow directions.
- Demonstrates effective communication ability, representing Altorfer’s professional image to customers and office personnel.
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to write technical reports.
- Must have intermediate keyboarding skills with a basic knowledge of Office software, preferably MS Word, Excel and email.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans
Please apply online at: careers-altorfer.icims.com
To apply for this job please visit careers-altorfer.icims.com.