HAWK Volkswagen of Joliet
HAWK Volkswagen in Joliet
Is seeking an experienced Journeyman Technician!!! Someone that is established and who wants to make the money they deserve. We are looking for someone that has the ability to diagnose & fix vehicles and has a true understanding of why we do Multi-point inspections on vehicles.
It is a full time Local 701 Union position; Welfare, Pension and 401k Funds are available. Come and join our team in a fast paced/good traffic flow dealership with a clean, safe, and state-of-the-art environment to work in. Extensive training is available to those who are career focused!
We might also consider retaining your eligible vacation days.
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or General Motors standards
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
As a Journeyman Technician (Automotive Mechanic), you should be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Technician:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a journeyman technician
- Experience with automatic transmission and diesel is a plus
- Valid Journeyman Card
- Hold a minimum of 3 Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications
- Factory Training a MUST
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
- and a GOOD ATTITUDE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org