Alpha Baking Company, Inc., a national distributor of breads, rolls and buns, as well as sweet goods, was founded in 1979. Headquartered in Chicago, Alpha Baking has three production plants in Illinois and others in Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Alpha Baking’s retail brands include S. Rosen’s, MaryAnn, Natural Ovens Bakery, Kreamo, and Golden Hearth, with additional product sold under private label agreements and the Alpha Baking foodservice brand. Alpha Baking’s broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains and independent grocery stores.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- This position primarily is responsible for performing preventive maintenance for a three shift manufacturing operation. In addition, this role provides assistance or takes on sole responsibility of machine troubleshooting and repairing problems.
- Performs repairs, services and maintains the plant and plant equipment. Ensures that production runs at a maximum efficiency while reducing costs.
- This is a plant level maintenance position
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot and correct equipment.
- Perform electrical, plumbing, pneumatic and hydraulic tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment in a thorough and safe manner.
- Communicate effectively with team members and management
- Train production employees as well as other mechanics and be willing to be trained by other mechanics.
- Work weekends or overtime with short notice on a daily basis if needed.
- Pushing, pulling, bending
- Able to work on feet for the entire shift.
- Perform tasks requiring standing, lifting, pulling, climbing of machinery and/or tooling.
- Work in high ambient temperatures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Electrical – troubleshooting knowledge of 3 phase 480VAC, control circuits of 110VAC and 24DC, AB PLCs
- Welding – able to weld with TIG and stick
- Cutting – torch, band saw, grinder, plasma cutter.
- Fabricating – able to fabricate simple guards, covers, catch pans, etc.
- Drilling/ Milling – knowledge of use: power drills, dill press, mill and lathe machines
- Preferred minimum two years of experience in a manufacturing setting Must have general knowledge of maintenance functions such as electrical, plumbing, conveyors, motors/gearboxes, read schematics/blue prints
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com