POSITION SUMMARY: In smaller operations, the “Porter” position includes a greater scope of duties including such things as washing machines, weekly inventory, retrieving and parking machines. This is a good, entry-level position for team members to “learn” their way up. The Porter must establish an understanding of the objectives and accountabilities below.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not lmited to):
- 100% of units to be fueled, washed, tagged and ready for inspection within 24 hours of return.
- 100% of management requests, special assignment or projects to be completed within the specified time.
- Yard to be cleaned and organized at all times. Minimum of one hour per day to be spent on housekeeping.
- Interacts with New/Used personnel throughout the day to support changing demand for equipment, which happens almost hourly.
- Assists New/Used personnel in selection of “sell ready” equipment for each transaction.
- Verifying inventory ID number, fuel level, and “Sell ready” condition.
- Moves “Sell ready” equipment back to proper storage areas following routine maintenance procedures by service shop.
- Will be involved in washing of equipment.
- Has good working knowledge of all equipment.
- Performing weekly inventory count using scanner and computer.
- Needs to demonstrate high levels of “customer service” to everyone in the company. Daily activities can be varied and sometimes working under pressure trying to get orders ready to go out.
- This position calls for hard work and putting a “friendly face” toward the customer. The Porter’s daily activities will vary and many times will be working under pressure to meet customer and operational demands.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Please apply online at Altorfer.com