Illinois Auto Electric Co.
Position Title: Semi-Skilled Mechanic
Reports To: Shop Manager
Work Location: Naperville, IL
Date Written: 1/20/20
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Productivity: Under the supervision of the Shop Manager, the Semi-skilled Mechanic is responsible for relocating components from the core area to the workbench area. Disassembles locomotive engine components and cleans the components using solvents and other cleaning agents. Paints the cleaned parts. Perform general maintenance of machines and work area. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Efficiency/Accuracy: Responsible for ensuring work is done in a timely and efficient manner with attention to quality, safety, efficiency and production standards.
- Knowledge: Responsible for complete job knowledge as it relates to department principles, methods, and techniques.
- Personnel: Responsible for escalating any personnel issues to the Shop Manager, Division General Manager and/or Human Resources Department. Complies with work scheduling and attendance requirements according to reasonable policy and practices. Consistently presents company in a positive manner and adheres to customer service guidelines and procedures as established by the company. Complies with the established rules of operation, procedures, and policies.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Time management: The ability to prioritize individual workflow. Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects.
- Interpersonal and communication skills: The ability to effectively communicate with customers, vendors, other mechanics and departmental manager(s).
- Leadership and Teamwork: The ability to participate as part of a high performance and productivity team, contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Problem Solving: The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully, develop alternative solutions, and work well in a group problem-solving situation. The ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Innovation: The ability to continually improve skills.
- Initiative: The ability to routinely pursue goals with energy and persistence. Actively seeks out solutions and promotes implementing new ideas.
- Commitment: Upholding Company policies and procedures.
- Related Experience: Must be able to perform disassembly, clean up of electrical and mechanical components and preparation for assembly as well as painting of the final assemblies. Must be able to perform minor equipment maintenance, housekeeping chores of the shop area and other duties as assigned.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Initiative: Willingness and/or drive to gain knowledge and experience for all Apprentice Duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for extended periods of time, walk, stoop, bend, crouch, lift, speaking/verbal skills and listening/hearing.
- While performing the duties of this job manual dexterity is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to occasionally lift and/or move product up to 80 pounds.
- Work involves frequent exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves frequent exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves frequent use of sandblasting, agitator, and tumbling machine as well as air tools and a variety of hand tools.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Management retains the right to add to or change the duties at any time. All employees are subject to drug and alcohol testing prior to employment.
To apply for this job email your details to McCaleb.Mike@iaeco.net