JOB DESCRIPTION: TRUCK DRIVER – JOLIET LOCATION
Basic Function: Responsible for pickup/delivery of rental equipment, service equipment, and sales equipment.
Instructing the customer in the proper, and safest use of all rental equipment. Also perform
routine maintenance, repair on rental equipment and checks for proper operation of safety devices.
1. Performs service tasks and safety checks of all rental equipment prior to use by the customer.
2. Instructs customer in the proper, safest use of all rental equipment.
3. Make sure assigned truck is ready for use the evening before the following workday. All trucks
are to be locked over night and keys in proper location. Wash truck on a weekly basis inside and
4. Performs routine maintenance on rental units, in-stock sales units, vehicles, and trailers.
5. Make sure logbooks, contracts (including truck number and damage sheet), daily and month
sheets, and delivery logs are filled out and given to your manager in a timely manner.
6. Make sure every contract is filled out 100%, this includes all blanks to be properly filled out,
inspection and rental agreements with each contract, and damage waivers if necessary.
7. When equipment is delivered make sure it is cleaned and serviced.
8. Inspection tags must be signed and dated by the customer and put with the rental contract.
9. Notify rental manager if the truck needs service or maintenance as soon as possible.
10. Works in a safe manner at all times. Able to tie down equipment properly and securely.
11. Conducts himself in the presence of customers in a manner which will retain a good opinion of the
12. Notify rental counter of any damage, fuel, keys missing, owner manuals missing when equipment
13. Take advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and training sessions in order to upgrade
technical competence. Keep abreast of all changes in various models of equipment rented.
14. Performs other duties as prescribed by Rental Manager from time to time.
1. Must be able to lift 90lbs, 75% of the time, in order to load and unload rental and repair
2. Must have knowledge of construction equipment and its operation.
3. Must have a valid CDL license.
1. Cooperates with other company personnel
2. Advises supervisors of any changes that need to be made which can affect company success.
Method of Measurement:
1. The satisfaction expressed by customers concerning the operational instructions given and
delivery service performed.
2. Performance of the responsibilities as set forth in this job description.
3. The quality of performance, efficiency and safety.
Reports to: Rental Manager
By signing below, I understand and am willing to do the above specified tasks to the best of my ability. I have alsoreceived a copy for my own personal use.
Sign: ___________________________________________ Date: ______________________
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com